6 Days Hiking Mountain Elgon Tour Uganda
6 Days Hiking Mountain Elgon Tour Uganda to the peak of Mount Elgon, an extinct volcano in Eastern Uganda. Mount Elgon is a 4,321m high extinct volcano that in prehistoric times stood taller than Kilimanjaro does today.
Hike to the Wagagai peak on this 6 Days Complete Circuit Trail while enjoying the spectacular scenery on this oft-neglected and relatively undemanding mountain. Also, there is a variety of forest monkeys and small antelope, along with elephants and buffalo and over 300 birds including many species not recorded elsewhere in Uganda.
6 Days Hiking Mountain Elgon Tour Uganda Summary
Day 1: Transfer to Mbale, Budadiri Tourism Center
Day 2: Hike to Sasa Camp (2,900m)
Day 3: Hike from Sasa to Mude Camp (3,500m)
Day 4: Hike from Mude Camp to Wagagai Peak (4321m)
Day 5: Descend from Mude Camp to Budadiri. Stay at Lacam Lodge
Day 6: Return Trip to Kampala
6 Days Hiking Mountain Elgon Tour Uganda Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Mbale, Budadiri Tourism center.
Day 2: From Budadiri to Sasa Camp (2.900m)
In the morning you reach Budadiri (1250 m), nearby Mbale town, at the gate of the Mount Elgon National Park. After arranging the guide and porters, with food and camping gear, you start walking to Sasa River Camp (2.900 m) for dinner and overnight. The distance is about 8 km. and takes an average 7 to 8 hours to walk. Altitude in a day: 1.700m.
Day 3: From Sasa camp to Mude Camp (3.500m)
After breakfast at the camping site, proceed through the forest to Mude Cave Campsite for dinner and overnight. It will take you 4 to 5 hours walk to reach the campsite. Altitude of the day: 600m.
Day 4: From Mude Camp to Wagagai Peak (4321 m) and return to Mude
After breakfast you walk through the moorland zone up to the main peak, Wagagai, and return to the Mude campsite for dinner and overnight. The distance is 8 to 9 hours walk Altitude of the day: 820m.
Day 5: From Mude Camp back to Budadiri
After breakfast, I descended to Budadiri and transferred to Sipi Falls. Overnight at Lacam Lodge.
Day 6: Departure
End of the 6 Days Hiking Mountain Elgon Tour Uganda
Dates & Prices
In order to process your booking request, please fill out the ENQUIRY/BOOKING FORM
Please take into account:
* In some of our programs and add-ons, the rates vary according to the number of persons and travel date.
* This is no definitive reservation for our tours. This is due to the fact that most of our reservations are based on availability of gorilla permits. A sales representative will contact you afterwards to confirm your booking, the total price and sort out any questions or special requests you may have.
* If you experience any problems using this booking form, you may also use our STANDARD CONTACT FORM to get in touch with us.
- Special offers may be available on this trip.Special rates are available for different seasons.
- VAT is included at the applicable rate, and we make no service charge.
- Group rates are available for parties of 4 or more people. Please inquire or telephone for rates.
- We accept payments preferably in US Dollars. Small Bills (1 -20) attract a lower rate. For payments in other currencies, currency exchange rates vary daily & we always calculate them accurately using the most current international banking data available.
We accept wire transfers and credit card payments. Payment by credit card is subject to a surcharge of 5%
Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- Airport transfers
- Transportation in fueled safari vehicle
- Guides allowances
- Park fees
- Full board and meals during the hike
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Guide and one porter, carrying max 18kg
- Park Entrance fees
- Bird walk
- Sipi hike
- Equipment for the hike (hiking trip)
- Extra Luggage
- Changes in the program itinerary
Required equipment for mount Elgon hiking safaris Uganda.
- Sleeping bag for low temperature and sleeping mat
- One plate
- Trekking shoes
- Poncho or raincoat
- Heavy worm jacket
- Hand gloves
- Scarf and hat
- One jumper
- A torch and some tablets
4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LAND CRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while In the Vehicle). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed a window seat.